Do you want to burn sugars or fats?
The goal is to educate you on how to eat more balanced meals. Research over the past decade, has shown that the 40-30-30 principle of balance has proven to be helping with weight loss and permanent weight loss.
If, like most people, you have been following the high-carbohydrate, low, or fat-free recommendation of the so-called experts, you are probably are not burning stored body fat as efficiently as possible, but are burning sugars (carbohydrates) instead.
The secret is balance . It always has been and always will be.
WHAT IS THE 40-30-30 PRINCIPLE?
NEED RECIPES FOR A BALANCED MEAL? VISIT OUR HEALTH BOOKS DEPARTMENT AND PICK UP A BOOK TODAY!
EATING A MORE BALANCED MEAL IS FOR YOU IF:
KEY POINTS TO REMEMBER:
MEAL TIPS AND HINTS:
- Have protein first (a bite or two) before eating carbohydrates with each meal.
- Eating protein first helps to slow the absorption and digestion of carbohydrates in the meal.
- Get Omega-3 fats in your meals when you can. Try Hemp Hearts as an alternative.
- Make a point during the weight loss process to limit starches to one per meal.
- Too many carbohydrates with your meal can easily elevate blood sugar levels and stimulate insulin, slowing down or stopping fat burning.
- When you go out to eat, avoid carbohydrate appetizers such as rolls, breads, and chips. Choose fresh vegetables or a protein appetizer.
- Don't deprive yourself. When occasionally having dessert with dinner, limit or avoid all starches like bread, pasta, potatoes, and rice. Increase your green vegetables instead.
- Eat protein at each meal. Supplemental protein can help supply protein in meals that do not contain meat.
- Take a day off of the diet now and then and eat what you want. You should feel good with your new lifestyle and enjoy what you are eating. Make this fun, not restrictive.
BIG BELLY? HIGH BODY MASS INDEX? HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE? The high carbohydrate diet has left many North Americans in the early stages of metabolic disaster. If this sounds like you, you may be one of the millions of North Americans with Metabolic Syndrome. Quit fighting a losing battle, put your energy into finding the solution. When persons that experience metabolic syndrome eat, their bodies do not respond with a normal productive secretion of metabolic hormones. Insulin is slightly elevated and glucagon is slightly depressed, causing their bodies to quickly store fat and to become hesitant to burn any. Balancing their meals would create the chemistry to correct this.
Zambroza - More Powerful Than Its Closest Competitor! To be exact Zambroza has twice the anti-oxident strength. The key ingredient is Mangosteen, along with other great ingredients such as apple extract, green tea, raspberries, blueberries and so much more; no wonder its such a Winner!
OR BOTH: No Wonder they called it TNT this EXPLOSIVE energy bar is ideal for people on the go, office workers, athletes and children looking to fill a void. Lemon flavoured, yogurt coated. Kids love it!
Do you need help? Just ask, as a Chartered Herbalist, I specialize in helping people achieve their overall wellness goals. I can help put you on the road to achieving good health and a sense of well-being. I'm here to answer any questions you have and to help you choose the best products. Visit Nature's Sunshine, a one-stop source for all your herb and health supplement needs.
Pages in this category:
Link to us!
The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting or stopping any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. You should not start or stop taking any pharmaceutical product without first consulting your prescribing physician. Please refer to the Disclaimer/Legal Information section on this website for more details.