An excellent recipe for home-style baked chicken parmesan.
Yield: 4 Servings
4 boneless, skinless
(approx. 1 lb/500 g)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups milk
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp each of pepper, dried basil, & oregano
3/4 cup prepared tomato sauce
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1) Pat chicken dry. Pound to flatten slightly.
2) Dust chicken lightly with flour. Dip into egg.
3) Combine bread crumbs with 1/4 cup(50mL) of the Parmesan cheese.
Pat bread crumb mixture into the chicken.
4) Line a 9 x 13 inch(3.5L) baking dish with foil. Brush with vegetable
oil. Arrange chicken in the dish in a single layer.
5) Bake in a preheated 400 degree F (200 degree C) oven for 20 min.
6) Meanwhile in medium-sized saucepan, melt butter and whisk in 2 tbsp
(30 mL) flour. Cook, without browning, for 3 min.
7) Whisk in milk. Bring to a boil. Add seasonings; reduce heat. Cook
5 min, stirring often.
8) Spread some of the milk sauce on each chicken breast. Drizzle with
prepared tomato sauce. Sprinkle with Mozzarella and remaining
9) Bake 15 to 20 min longer.
Preparation time: 30 min
Baking time: 35 min
Pages in this category:
Link to us!
The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting or stopping any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. You should not start or stop taking any pharmaceutical product without first consulting your prescribing physician. Please refer to the Disclaimer/Legal Information section on this website for more details.