MAKES 30 BISCOTTI
Preparation: 15 minutes | Bake: 60 minutes | Preheat oven to: 350 °F (180 °C)
Baking sheets, lightly greased or lined with parchment paper
2 cups bran cereal, crushed 500 mL
1 ½ cups cups all-purpose flour 375 mL
1 cup granulated sugar 250 mL
¾ cup quick-cooking rolled oats 175 mL
½ cup each: sliced almonds and finely chopped dried apricots 125 mL
2 tsp baking powder 10 mL
3 eggs, lightly beaten 3
1 tbsp vegetable oil 15 mL
2 tsp almond extract 10 mL
1 tsp vanilla 5 mL
1. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
2. In a small bowl, beat eggs, oil, almond extract and vanilla. Stir into bran cereal
mixture until well blended (dough will be dry and crumbly).
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 10 to 15 times, until
dough holds together. Divide dough in half and shape each half into a log
about 8 in (20 cm) long and 3 in (7.5 cm) wide. Place on baking sheets.
4. Bake for 30 min. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 325 °F
(160 °C). Remove logs from baking sheets and let cool on a wire rack for 10 min.
5. Using a serrated knife, cut each log into ½ in (1 cm) thick slices. Return slices,
to baking sheets.
6. Bake for 15 min. Turn biscotti over and bake for 15 to 20 min or until light brown. Let
Nutrients Per Serving:
Calories: 94 Carbohydrate: 18.0 g Calcium: 32 mg
Fat: 2.1 g Fibre: 2.5 g Iron: 1.1 mg
Sodium: 44 mg Protein: 2.4 g
Pages in this category:
Link to us!
The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting or stopping any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. You should not start or stop taking any pharmaceutical product without first consulting your prescribing physician. Please refer to the Disclaimer/Legal Information section on this website for more details.